The SLA Taxonomy Division is offering networking opportunities in San Diego, a full day continuing education session, and a full slate of sessions that cover a taxonomy project from the initial development to applying a taxonomy to content. Our no-host dinner is open to anybody interested. Discount registration for the rest has been extended to April 19.
Saturday, June 8th:
- Continuing Education Workshop: Introduction to Taxonomies - Full day, including lunch
- No- Host Dinner- 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. Open to anybody in the area who’s interested, Contact Ben Licciardi, email@example.com,for details and RSVP.
Sunday, June 9th:
- Starting a Taxonomy Project - 11:45 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Selecting a Taxonomy Management Tool - 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
- Enhance Your Records Management Program with Taxonomy - 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Monday, June 10th:
- Taxonomy Business Meeting and Taxonomy Disaster Stories - 8:00 - 9:30 a.m.
- Organizing Knowledge (Spotlight Session) - 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
- How to Apply Your Taxonomy to Your Content - 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
- Open House – Networking event – 8:30 – 10:30 p.m.
Tuesday, June 11th:
- SharePoint Speed Dating: Tips and Techniques from the Pros - 2:00 p. m. - 3:30 p.m.
If you need more information, please see the taxonomy division wiki or the SLA 2013 program information section for more information.
For more information on conference registration please see the SLA website.
About Taxonomy Division:
The Taxonomy Division addresses ways to organize and structure information so that content is accessible and useful. It offers a practical context for exploring issues and sharing experiences related to planning, creating and maintaining taxonomies, thesauri, authority files, and other controlled vocabularies and information structures. If you are interested in learning more about the division or joining us, please check out our where we have information about upcoming events.